This report summarizes the Joint Open Forum “Land-Ocean Coordination and Collaborative Governance” hosted by the Special Policy Studies (SPS) for River Basins and Oceans at the 2023 CCICED Annual General Meeting.
Building on the collaboration, synergies, and joint objectives of the two SPS teams, the Open Forum focused on the following questions.
- What are specific common issues in developing and strengthening system-wide
governance of oceans, seas, and river basins?
- What are promising examples of addressing these issues? Why are they promising?
What can be learned, copied, and adapted?
- What are key tools to be developed or refreshed in order to feed system-wide
governance of oceans, seas and river basins, guide financing, keep vulnerable groups
in the picture, and handle long-term uncertainties?
- What connections to global and domestic knowledge systems should be nurtured? Are
there international or domestic initiatives that these SPS projects should connect to, if they
- What would be priority suggestions for future work of these SPS projects up to 2027, or for
related work of CCICED? In which areas should policy recommendations be
2023 CCICED AGM: Report of Joint Open Forum on Land-Ocean Coordination and Collaborative GovernanceVIEW IN English